This City & Guilds 2079-11 F-Gas course is designed for those working within the refrigeration and air-conditioning industry or heat pump installers who need to meet the legal requirements for working with Fluorinated Gas, or F-Gas, and other ozone depleting substances.
The course includes the theory behind the requirements and procedures to install, commission, service, maintain, recover & leak check all refrigeration, air conditioning & heat pump systems in accordance with the F-Gas Regulation EC842/2006 and EC303/2008.
- Identification of basic systems, terms, principles, units and how these relate to theory and thermodynamics of vapour compression cycles and refrigerants
- Identifying stationary refrigerant, air conditioning and heat pump system components, functions and leakage risk
- Identify the hazards and safe working practices for the installation, commissioning and handling of refrigerants
- Fabricate & fit mechanical and brazed joints on pipework
- Pressure test and evacuate to BSEN378
- Charge a blended refrigerant
- Analyse system performance to ensure efficiency (using pressure, temperature, refrigerant state and rule of thumb)
- Leak test to EC1516/2007
- Maintain ‘F-Gas’ log books and records
- Handle refrigerant safely & dispose of legally
- Ensure systems are tight, efficient in their use of energy and meet the F-Gas legal requirements
The assessment consists of an online multiple exam and a practical assessment.
Note this qualification does NOT have an expiry date!
Qualification: City & Guilds 2079-11 F-Gas & Ozone Depleting Substances
Duration: 5 days – Including theory, practical and assessment
Location & Dates: Chesterfield – GRE Energy Training, Unit 70, M1 Commerce Park, Markham Lane, Chesterfield, S44 5HS
- 11th to 15th January 2021
- 8th to 12th February 2021
- 8th to 12th March 2021
- 12th to 16th April 2021
- 10th to 14th May 2021