City & Guilds 2391 Inspection & Testing of Electrical InstallationsNovember 22, 2019
HETAS H003 Dry Stove Installer CourseAugust 12, 2021
BPEC Award Solar PV Installer & BPEC Electricity Energy Storage Systems Course
£895.00 + VAT
This 4 & 1/2 day BPEC Solar PV Installer qualification is for those wishing to achieve a nationally recognised qualification in the installation and maintenance of small scale grid tied Photovoltaic systems. It is based on the National Occupational Standards and is recognised and accepted by the Microgeneration Certification Scheme.
This 4 & 1/2 day BPEC Solar PV Installer Course is for those wishing to achieve nationally recognised certification in the design, installation and maintenance of small scale grid tied Photovoltaic systems. It is based on the National Occupational Standards and is recognised and accepted by the Microgeneration Certification Scheme.
With the increase in electricity tariffs and changes in the PV tariffs, customers are looking to invest in installations and at other ways to reap extra returns from their PV Energy Systems.
Installers now have a golden opportunity to revisit past installs and advise clients on maximising the potential returns on their Solar PV System in the summer months and purchasing cheaper off peak electricity in the winter.
Unlike a manufacturers seminar, our course gives you a balanced view of the different manufacturers offerings allowing you to make an informed decision about the best solutions for you and you customer.
The BPEC Solar PV Installer Course and BPEC Electricity Energy Storage Systems Course (EESS) run together to give an overall view of the technologies.
This course covers everything a Solar PV installer needs:
- Solar PV resource assessment (inc .new performance calcs)
- Grid connection requirements
- AC & DC electrical theory & practical for Solar PV
- Basic roofing structures &integrity issues
- Hands-on Solar PV Panel Mounting
- Mechanical installation of roof fixings
- Setting to work/commissioning
- System testing
- Paperwork and test forms
- Introduction to EESS (Electrical Energy Storage Systems).
- Understand different components and architectures involved.
- EESS applications and operating states.
- AC vs DC Battery systems.
- Identify different batteries and their characteristics suitable for EESS.
- Electrical regulations including the IET Code of Practice.
- Safety and planning.
- Designing, specification, sizing, and installation of an EESS.
- Financial incentives, payback
- Solar PV system maintenance
- Handover packs & customer care
Entry Requirements: Must be a fully qualified electrician – we will need proof of one of the following:
- NVQ Level 3 Electrical Installations Qualification (or equivalent).
- AM2 Assessment.
- Proof of membership of an Electrical Competent Person Scheme (NICEIC, NAPIT, Select, Etc) in the attendees name.
- ECS Card in the individuals name (Both Sides)
- JIB Gold Card in the individuals name (Both Sides)
In addition to this, the candidate must provide proof of obtaining the 18th edition.
BPEC Award in the Installation and Maintenance of Small Scale Solar PV Systems Plus BPEC Battery Storage Systems Certification.
Price includes exam fees, certification and work books that are issued on the courses.
Locations available: Chesterfield – GRE Energy Training, Unit 70, M1 Commerce Park, Markham Lane, Duckmanton, Chesterfield, S44 5HS.