This two-day course will provide a solid foundation and an introduction to the principles of air conditioning and refrigeration in commercial and domestic installations. You will gain a thorough understanding of the fundamentals of the vapour compression refrigeration system, how it works, the key components and the characteristics of refrigerants. an understanding and appreciation of the types of air conditioning/refrigeration/heat pump systems and their applications and operating principles.
Duration – 2 days
- Air conditioning equipment and key components
- Principles of heat transfer
- The refrigeration cycle
- Temperature and humidity
- Introduction to heat gains and losses in buildings
- Comfort and precision air conditioning systems, their uses and the various types
- Properties of air and water vapour
- Chilled water in air conditioning
- Types of ventilation systems
- AC fundamentals including the vapour compression cycle, how it works and the critical components
- Other key components
- Modern refrigerants
- Analysing Air Conditioning circuits
Although there are no formal entry requirements for this course it would be beneficial if candidates have engineering or maintenance experience
Dates by arrangement only – please call 01246 588589.
Location – GRE Energy Training, Unit 70, M1 Commerce Park, Markham Lane, Chesterfield, S44 5HS.
Certification – Certificate of Competence from Eco Certification