This 3 day Fire Alarm Systems & Emergency Lighting Course is for Electrical Engineers who wish to gain the knowledge required to carry out the design, commissioning and maintenance of fire alarm and emergency lighting systems to comply with current British standards.
Fire alarms and emergency lighting play an integral role in the commercial and public sector. Our course provides the essential training required to design, install, test and inspect fire alarm and emergency lighting equipment to keep you up to date with the relevant British Standards: BS5839 (Parts 1 & 2) & BS5266.
The course is aimed at qualified electrical engineers who need knowledge of regulations in relation to carrying out installation and maintenance of fire alarm and emergency lighting installations to add to there current skillset.
- Legislation with regards the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 and The Building Regulations 2000.
- Introduction to types of Fire Detection & Alarm Systems.
- Fire detection and fire alarm systems for buildings (BS5839-1:2017 Part 1).
- Fire detection and fire alarm systems for domestic buildings (BS5839-6:2013 Part 6).
- Introduction to types of Emergency Lighting & Escape Lighting Systems.
- Requirements of BS5266.
- Design of Fire Alarm, Fire Detection and Emergency Lighting Systems.
- Cables and power supplies.
- Locations of lights and lighting levels.
- Requirements for Safety Signs.
- Required Labelling.
- False Alarms.
- Testing and commissioning in accordance to the required standards.
- Inspection & servicing requirements.
- Installation and certification.
- System maintenance.
The course also has a design and practical assessment to be completed whilst attending the course.
Course Length: 3 days
Certification: Eco Cert Certificate of Attendance
- 26th to 28th January 2021.
- 23rd to 25th February 2021.
- 23rd to 25th March 2021.
Cost: £425 + vat per delegate
This course is delivered at our Chesterfield Training Centre – Unit 70, M1 Commerce Park, Markham Lane, Chesterfield, S44 5HS (Just off junction 29A, M1 Motorway).