This 3 day BPEC Solar PV Installer qualification is for those wishing to achieve a nationally recognised qualification in the installation and maintenance of small scale grid tied Photovoltaic systems. It is based on the National Occupational Standards and is recognised and accepted by the Microgeneration Certification Scheme.
This course covers everything a Solar PV installer needs:
- Solar PV resource assessment (inc new performance calcs)
- G83/2 Grid connection requirements
- AC & DC electrical theory & practical for Solar PV
- Basic roofing structures &integrity issues
- Hands-on Solar PV Panel Mounting
- Mechanical installation of roof fixings
- Setting to work/commissioning
- System testing
- Paperwork and test forms
- Financial incentives, payback
- Solar PV system maintenance
- Handover packs & customer care
Entry Requirements: Must be a fully qualified electrician or on a registered Competent Person Scheme.
Certification: BPEC Certification – QCF Level 3 Award in the Installation and Maintenance of Small Scale Solar PV Systems
- Chesterfield – Unit 70, M1 Commerce Park, Markham Lane, Chesterfield, S44 5HS.
- Livingston – Mercure Hotel, Almondview, Livingston EH54 6QB.
Dates available in Chesterfield:
- 24th to 26th August (full)
- 15th to 17th September (full)
- 19th to 21st October (full)
- 27th to 29th October
- 17th to 19th November (full)
- 24th to 26th November
- 8th to 10th December
- 19th to 21st January
- 16th to 18th February
- 16th to 18th March
Dates available in Livingston:
- 27th to 29th October.