This 3 day BPEC Solar PV Installer qualification is for those wishing to achieve a nationally recognised qualification in the installation and maintenance of small scale grid tied Photovoltaic systems. It is based on the National Occupational Standards and is recognised and accepted by the Microgeneration Certification Scheme.
This course covers everything a Solar PV installer needs:
- Solar PV resource assessment (inc new performance calcs)
- G83/2 Grid connection requirements
- AC & DC electrical theory & practical for Solar PV
- Basic roofing structures &integrity issues
- Hands-on Solar PV Panel Mounting
- Mechanical installation of roof fixings
- Setting to work/commissioning
- System testing
- Paperwork and test forms
- Financial incentives, payback
- Solar PV system maintenance
- Handover packs & customer care
Entry Requirements: Must be a fully qualified electrician or on a registered Competent Person Scheme.
Certification: BPEC Certification – QCF Level 3 Award in the Installation and Maintenance of Small Scale Solar PV Systems
Locations available: Chesterfield or Livingston (Scotland)
Dates available in Chesterfield:
- 20th to 22nd July (full).
- 24th to 26th August (full)
- 15th to 17th September.
- 19th to 21st October.
- 17th to 19th November.
- 14th to 16th December.
Dates available in Livingston:
- 11th to 13th August (full).