This 3 day BPEC Solar PV Installer qualification is for those wishing to achieve a nationally recognised qualification in the installation and maintenance of small scale grid tied Photovoltaic systems. It is based on the National Occupational Standards and is recognised and accepted by the Microgeneration Certification Scheme.
This course covers everything a Solar PV installer needs:
- Solar PV resource assessment (inc .new performance calcs)
- G83/2 Grid connection requirements
- AC & DC electrical theory & practical for Solar PV
- Basic roofing structures &integrity issues
- Hands-on Solar PV Panel Mounting
- Mechanical installation of roof fixings
- Setting to work/commissioning
- System testing
- Paperwork and test forms
- Financial incentives, payback
- Solar PV system maintenance
- Handover packs & customer care
Entry Requirements: Must be a fully qualified electrician or on a registered Competent Person Scheme.
GRE Energy Training Ltd, Unit 70, M1 Commerce Park, Markham Lane, Chesterfield, S44 5HS.
Dates available: 21st – 23rd January, 24th – 26th February, 17th – 19th March, 14th – 16th April, 11th – 13th May.
GRE Energy Training Ltd c/o West Lothian College, Almondvale Crescent, Livingston, Scotland, EH54 7EP
Dates available: 18th to 20th February.
Certification: BPEC Certification – QCF Level 3 Award in the Installation and Maintenance of Small Scale Solar PV Systems