Electric vehicle sales are at an all time high and with every major manufacturer offering a choice it’s hardly surprising many new car buyers are considering buying one.
There are grants of 75% of the cost up to £500 for Electric Vehicle purchasers to install Electric Vehicle charge point at home, or up to £10,000 for business, providing they are installed by a qualified installer. With 30,000+ Plug-In Electric Vehicle charging points likely to be installed this year, are you ready to benefit from the surging demand for this type of work?
The government has made available grants and tax breaks for those who plug-in to refuel. It all starts with electricians fitting Electric Vehicle charging points for public, private and business customers.
Dates and Venues with availability.
- Chesterfield – 3rd Dec (Full), 7th Jan, 4th Feb.
- Leeds – 3rd Dec.
- York – 4th Dec.
- Middlesbrough – 5th Dec.
- Cambridge – 22nd Jan
- Colchester – 23rd Jan
- Bristol – 28th Jan.
- Hereford – 29th Jan.
- Worcester – 30th Jan.
- Brentwood – 4th Feb.
- Crawley – 5th Feb.
- Slough – 6th Feb.
- Watford – 7th Feb.
- Solihull – 17th Feb.
- Coventry – 18th Feb.
- Northampton – 19th Feb.
- Peterborough – 20th Feb.
- Stockport – 25th Feb.
- Rochdale – 26th Feb.
- Warrington – 27th Feb
- Liverpool – 28th Feb.
This course can also be delivered on site subject to minimum numbers (8 delegates).
Chesterfield Head Office Number: 01246 588589.
This one-day course is designed for qualified electricians who want to learn about the technical requirements and practical considerations when installing Plug-In Electric Vehicle charging points.
• Introduction to Electric Vehicles – Electric Vehicle types.
• Characteristics, Charging requirements, Safety considerations.
• Overview of Electric Vehicle charging.
• Modes of Electric Vehicle charging, requirements and restrictions.
• Electrical Installation Requirements.
• Supply, Earthing, Planning permission, Explosive atmospheres, Protection, Labelling, Control, Risk assessment.
• Domestic, commercial & public installations.
• Installation – Practical domestic and commercial installation.
• Inspection, Test and Certification.
• Commissioning and DNO paperwork.
• Risk Assessment and pre & post-installation checklists.
• System Test, Fault Finding and Examination.
• Includes both a practical and written assessments.
This course covers the installer to install both Domestic and Commercial charge points.
We will also provide you with a ‘Guide to EV Grant Funding and OLEV Registration’ on completion of the course to give you assistance on gaining the ‘Manufacturers Approval’ and how to complete your OLEV Registration.
To commence your OLEV registration please follow this link: https://forms.dft.gov.uk/olev-authorised-installer-application/
Learning Materials Needed: You will need to attend this course with an up to date copy of the IET Code of Practice for Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment Installation – 3rd Edition.
Certification: City & Guilds 2919-01 Electric Vehicle Charge Point Installation Training.
Price: £295 + vat (Price includes exam fee).
Duration: 1 Day.