This course has been introduced to align all industry qualifications for inspection and testing wiring systems to BS 7671. It now replaces the C&G 2394/95 combined course package.
This C&G 2391-52 course is aimed at practicing electricians who wish to gain qualifications in periodic inspection and testing as well as initial verification of new systems.
For some time now the industry has been crying out for a simpler more effective qualification to cover inspection and testing.
5 day course
Locations & Dates:
Chesterfield – 1 July, 9 Sept.
Watford – 22 July.
Bristol – 19 August.
£995 + VAT
Special Offer: Running through June – Book 2 places for £1500 + VAT (telephone bookings only).
The course will cover the specific methods of inspection and testing all types of installations, whether single or three-phase, to the current requirements of BS7671.
It also covers the inspection and testing techniques given in IET Guidance Not 3 and how to professionally complete certification and reports.
- Safe isolation of electrical circuits and installations
- Requirements for initial verification of electrical installations
- Requirements for completing the inspection of electrical installations prior to their being placed into service
- Requirements for the safe testing and commissioning of electrical installations
- Requirements for testing before circuits are energized
- Requirements for testing energized installations
- Requirements for the completion of electrical installation certificates and associated documentation
- Safety of systems and equipment prior to completion of inspection, testing and commissioning Inspection of electrical installations prior to them being placed into service
- Commissioning electrotechnical systems and equipment
Throughout the above you will also cover:
- Procedures Health and Safety requirements
- Relevant documentation
- Requirements for the inspection
- Factors that affect conductor resistance values
- Common earth fault loop paths Methods for verifying protection